Pick 'N Mix #70Posted by Mikhel Proulx • Tuesday, July 9. 2013 • Category: Pick 'N Mix
- Le Monde profiles la génération montante of contemporary curators: Curateur, le plus jeune métier du monde (French).
- The New York Times' Melena Ryzik considers the Whitney's resurrection of Douglas Davis' 'The World's First Collaborative Sentence' and museums' approaches to collecting and preserving digital art: When Artworks Crash: Restorers Face Digital Test.
- Blouin ArtInfo's 10 Cutting-Edge Curators From Around the World (Part 1 and Part 2).
- Video: The Fundamental Questions of Curating. Jessica Morgan and Jens Hoffmann in discussion at Art Basel.
- Collaborations between curators and private collectors are becoming prominent, leading to what Andrew Renton describes as "an erosion of hierarchy between the public and private sectors with regards to collecting." A pooling of expertise, Financial Times.