Pick 'N Mix #67Posted by Mikhel Proulx • Friday, May 10. 2013 • Category: Pick 'N Mix
- Where Scotland's cultural leaders are raising the economic argument for arts funding, Tiffany Jenkins charges a "philistine approach that misses the value and point of culture."
- The Globe and Mail has published a great overview of idiosyncratic collector/curator Ydessa Hendeles, whose Art Foundation has closed after 25 years
- Artist Nicholas O’Brien and Ian Aleksander Adams (among others) have entered into a useful—if heated—discussion on Facebook regarding “cultural programming by using tumblr.” in response to Internet Archive's open call for “tumblr residencies.”
- New York's Center for Curatorial Leadership is expanding their programme after a $4 million boost.
- The Vancouver Art Gallery, along with other North American museums, is "Bulldozing great architecture in the name of housing great art."