Opportunity: Call for Curatorial Proposals, CUE Art FoundationPosted by Sofia Landström • Friday, March 1. 2013 • Category: Jobs & Opportunities
The application date for this opportunity has passed.
Call for Curatorial Proposals, CUE Art Foundation
Deadline: April 30, 2013
CUE Art Foundation is a non-profit contemporary art space in New York City. CUE showcases the work of emerging artists through solo exhibitions, provides educational and professional development programs for artists and students, and hosts a range of public programs.
This program provides one deserving curator the necessary time and resources to realize an innovative project, with the aim of encouraging curatorial research in tandem with exhibition planning. CUE will provide institutional guidance and resources to the curator, who will produce a group exhibition with related public programming and an accompanying exhibition catalogue in July 2014. Selected applicant will receive a $1000 honorarium and an exhibition/production budget of up to $3500. CUE will contribute up to $1500 toward shipping expenses and up to $4000 for catalogue production.
Proposals will be evaluated on merit of project, singularity of concept, and adherence to the guidelines below. Please note: proposed artists must live or work in the United States. All applications submitted will be considered final and treated as such. You will not, under any circumstances, be permitted to add to or edit your application once it has been submitted. All incomplete or duplicate applications will be immediately disqualified.
For a list of Frequently Asked Questions, please visit cueartfoundation.org/open_call.html. For questions regarding the application requirements, please contact Jessica Gildea, Associate Director of Programs: 212-206-3583.
GUIDELINES FOR PROPOSAL:
1. Proposals must be conceptually rigorous and focus on artists, projects, and themes that are innovative, challenging, and engaging. The majority of artists proposed must qualify as under-recognized (no gallery representation and no solo exhibitions in a major venue within the last ten years).
2. Extra consideration will be given to proposals that clearly demonstrate a unique and creative approach to both research methods and the exhibition plan, and those that present ideas or topics not well represented in the commercial sector.
3. The proposal must investigate and promote the activities of four or more artists. Curators may not include their own work in the exhibition.
4. Extra consideration will be given to applicants in the beginning stages of their curatorial careers.
5. Proposals must include a line-item budget and a list of potential artists with images.
6. CUE strongly encourages applications that contribute to our ongoing commitment to diversity.
1. An exhibition proposal up to 1000 words that outlines both the background and plan for the exhibition
2. A list of at least four potential artists
3. At least one image per artist, or up to one minute of video per artist for video and time-based work
4. Image list
5. A line-item budget
6. Curator's CV
Images must be submitted as JPEGs, with filenames formatted as such: ARTISTLASTNAME_1.jpeg. Video samples may be .mov or .mp4. All video samples must be accompanied by a link to the full piece, to be included in the image list.
Further information: https://cueartfoundation.submittable.com/submit
Defined tags for this entry: call for proposal, curatorial, new york, proposal