Pick 'N Mix - May 2007Posted by Michelle Kasprzak • Tuesday, May 1. 2007 • Category: Pick 'N Mix
Let's start May off right with another Pick 'N Mix!
- At the Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art, the patrons are invited to curate the show. “I’m hoping that this discussion will shed more light on the institution and give us a better sense of who our audience is,” Acting Curator Christopher Cook said. “I see this as a way of building relationships." The project ends when the walls are full.
- The inimitable Momus asks: "Why not give us little video tours to entice us to visit, sneak previews of shows, interviews with artists, curators and docents?", among other relevant questions directed at art museums. I'm with you, brother (though he does note some museums are leading the way).
- In case you were wondering, here are some short profiles on the curatorial team behind the Seattle Art Museum.
- AddArt is a Firefox browser plug-in that allows you to block advertisements on a web page, and replace them with works of art, from a curated database. I'm looking forward to the the final launch of this one!
- If you are in London on the 10th of May, you may be interested to drop in on the Thursday Club, which features Kelli Dipple, Marc Garrett, Ruth Catlow, Armin Medosch, and Janis Jefferies speaking about curating interdisciplinary arts. It runs from 6-8.30 PM in the seminar rooms at the Ben Pimlott Building, New Cross, SE14 6NW, and it's free. Here's hoping someone blogs the conversation!