Pick 'N Mix #73Posted by Mikhel Proulx • Thursday, August 22. 2013 • Category: Pick 'N Mix
- Visitor engagement, participation, 'gamification' and the experience economy. A polemic from The New York Times' Judith H. Dobrzynski: High Culture Goes Hands-On.
- Growing fury over the prevalence of unpaid internship positions in galleries and museums, from Museums Association.
organizations Internaware.org, Art But Fair, and Interns Anonymous,
Unpaid Interns Fight Back, Hyperallergic,
The Manifesto for Good Curatorship, Collections Trust,
Opportunity Costs: The True Price of Internships, Dissent Magazine,
and last year's piece in Forbes: Are Creative Careers Now Reserved Exclusively For The Privileged?
- M+ Museum: Hong Kong's Ambitious Undertaking on a Global Scale. On the new museum's curatorial vision.
- Gunnar B. Kvaran interviewed on his Lyon Biennial.
- Amid international outrage surrounding Russia's anti-gay laws, and calls to boycott the upcoming Olympics, Irish curator Noel Kelly calls for Manifesta, The European Biennial of Contemporary Art, to “reconsider St Petersburg as their next location.” Petition at Change.Org.
German curator Kasper König has recently been named as Manifesta 2014's Chief Curator. Apparently König “has defended art against censorship by conservatives...”
-Also, Given Russia's Anti-Gay Laws, Should Manifesta Ditch St. Petersburg?. Blouin ArtInfo