Job: Exhibition and Events Coordinator, Mana ContemporaryPosted by Sofia Landström • Tuesday, May 28. 2013 • Category: Jobs & Opportunities
Exhibition and Events Coordinator, Mana Contemporary (Jersey City NJ)
Deadline: Accepts proposals until a suitable hire is found
Mana Contemporary is a ground-breaking venture bringing together influential artists, collectors, galleries, dealers and institutions into one core with the purpose of advancing the relationships and creating a single community. We are a comprehensive art storage and handling company. We work on any project, as small as wrapping a piece and as large as moving an entire museum. By creating Mana Contemporary, we are seeking a departure from the standards of our industry to create a facility and team that surpasses the norm in every way.
Mana Exhibitions Responsibilities
• Responsible for coordinating exhibitions at Mana Contemporary and off-site, including installation, signage and labeling, and maintaining the professional appearance throughout duration of art shows.
• Liaison between the artists/galleries/curators and Mana Contemporary to organize artwork loan forms, insurance coverage and media waiver for use of images in Mana Contemporary promotional materials.
• Work with other members of the Staff to coordinate educational activities that relate to the exhibition
• Assemble professional documentation of each exhibition - Ensure slides, digital images, video documentation, catalogues, etc. are added to database and properly archived
Mana Events Responsibilities
• Pre event and onsite communication with all delegates Serve as liaison with all vendors and performers.
• Coordinate appointments and site visits, and scheduling of events on the calendar
• Prepare nametags, materials, notebooks, packages, gift bags, registration lists, seating cards, etc.
• Create layouts and run of show for each event.
• Arrange food and beverage, order supplies and handle tech needs, make travel arrangements, order event signs, and ensure appropriate décor (florals, linens, color schemes, etc.)
• Assist with managing in-house productions
• Prepare and modify event contracts as requested
Required Credentials and Experience
• Minimum one-year experience developing and coordinating professional-level exhibition displays and/or Community events execution.
• Passion for and knowledge of the arts
• Knowledge of and connections within local galleries and artists
• Previous event planning experience required
• Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone and email
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal, leadership and relationship-building ability
• Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
• Proven record to prioritize, manage shifting priorities and perform a wide variety of tasks
Please e-mail salary history and resume to [email protected]
Further information: Further information: http://www.manafinearts.com
Defined tags for this entry: contemporary, event, exhibition, job