Job: Curator, Museum of Modern ArtPosted by Sofia Landström • Tuesday, March 19. 2013 • Category: Jobs & Opportunities
The application date for this opportunity has passed.
Curator, Museum of Modern Art, Wales
Deadline: 28 March, 2013
A wonderful opportunity for a dynamic arts professional to join the thriving Arts Centre in Machynlleth and to lead it into a new era of achievement and recognition within Wales, the UK and internationally.
The Curator will be experienced in and inspired by working with artists, generating exhibitions and forging new partnerships. He or she will be based at The Tabernacle, Machynlleth and report to the Council of Management of the Machynlleth Tabernacle Trust.
1. The Curator will be responsible to the Council of Management of the Machynlleth Tabernacle Trust through the Director nominated as the supervisor of the Exhibitions programme.
2. The Curator will lead a small team organising and implementing the annual programme of exhibitions and displays in the galleries of MOMA WALES including the Tannery galleries. This will include :
a. Selection of artists to include in the programme.
b. Liaison with the Arts Council Project Officer.
c. Responsibility for the care and custody of the Tabernacle Collection and ensuring that works from the collection are exhibited or loaned as appropriate.
d. The organisation and execution of the annual Tabernacle Art Competition, including the selection of the judges and the planning of the exhibition.
e. Working with the Administrator, the Administrator’s Assistant and the Technician to oversee the day to day running of the programme and the hanging and care of works in the exhibitions.
f. Overseeing the advertising and marketing of MOMA WALES and the exhibitions programme, ensuring that the Website is regularly updated.
g. Reviewing the Trust’s Insurance Policy for art works.
3. The Curator will progress the work towards the formal accreditation of MOMA WALES as a museum and exhibitions centre
4. The Curator will work with the Trust to improve the Trust’s storage facilities for works of art, and conservation and security in the galleries.
5. The Curator will work with the Hon Treasurer to apply for grants for the exhibitions programme.
6. Working with the Administrator, the Curator will liaise with the local schools, arrange school visits and promote Adult Education.
7. The Curator will work to raise the profile of MOMA WALES by attending conferences, seminars and exhibitions.
8. The Curator will aim to become bi-lingual in Welsh and English.
For further information see the details on our web-site : www.momawales.org.uk or please contact Ruth Lambert on 01654 703355
To apply please email [email protected] enclosing a completed Application Form (see web-site) and brief CV.
Closing date: 28 March 2013
Interviews: 4/5 April 2013
Further information: http://www.momawales.org.uk/?page_id=7728