Job: Curator, Exhibitions: Monash University Museum of Art (MUMA)Posted by Michelle Kasprzak • Wednesday, January 26. 2011 • Category: Jobs & Opportunities
The application date for this opportunity has passed.
Curator - Exhibitions
Faculty / Portfolio: Monash University Museum of Art (MUMA)
Location: Caulfield campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Duration: Continuing appointment
Remuneration: $61,728 - $70,904 pa HEW Level 5 (includes 17% employer superannuation)
Monash is a dynamic university with a reputation for quality education, outstanding research and meaningful international engagement. We want to make a difference, not only to the communities we work within but the world. If you want to challenge yourself, then Monash could be the place for you.
To attract excellent people we know we need to offer excellent benefits and conditions. That's why when you join Monash, you'll join a workplace where fairness and flexibility are standards, not afterthoughts. We offer a variety of professional development opportunities, generous maternity/parental leave and work arrangements that acknowledge one size doesn't fit all.
The Curator - Exhibitions provides curatorial expertise and support for the Director and Senior Curator/Collection Manager to ensure the effective development and implementation of MUMA's artistic program. They will ensure the timely delivery and development of MUMA exhibitions and will be encouraged to develop their own curatorial projects for the Museum's artistic program as it is implemented across the various Monash University gallery facilities.
The successful applicant will contribute to the writing and editing of various catalogue, education and marketing texts, and content development on the MUMA website and will undertake a range of curatorial and administrative duties including:
- research, documentation and development of exhibitions
- contribution to and development of Campus Enhancement initiatives
- a supporting role in the research, documentation and development the Monash University Collection
- liaison with artists, donors and lenders
- editing and preparation of exhibition catalogues, files and other publications
- preparation of information for freight arrangements
- organisation of written and visual material for advertising, promotion, wall labels and publishing
- distribution of images and information; presentation of floortalks and guided tours
- supervision and participation with installation of exhibitions
- response to public requests
- supporting the implementation of copyright policies and agreements and response to reproduction requests
- liaison with university and external stakeholders
- assistance with public events and openings
- assistance with general correspondence
This role is a full-time position; however flexible working arrangements may be negotiated.
Mr Max Delany, Director, on 03 9905 1644
Closing Date: 30 Jan 2011 11:55pm Aus. Eastern Standard Time
Please see Monash University's jobs website for details on how to apply http://www.monash.edu.au/jobs/.