The application date for this opportunity has passed.
The Darling Foundry is pleased to initiate, in collaboration with the Conseil des arts de MontrÃ©al, the inaugural residency program for independent curators of the Americas. This project is aimed at independent curators who want to build on their professional experience in the art industry.
Artists staying at the Darling Foundry will be immersed in the Montreal artistic community. The Darling Foundry is composed of two adjacent buildings, one for artists and the other for their public. It has two exhibition spaces and 15 studios, including three spacious, newly converted and renovated live-in spaces. Located in a post-industrial area in Old Montreal and the St. Lawrence River, this residency offers tranquillity in the heart of the city.
Housed for two months in a 60m2 live-in studio at the Darling Foundry, the curator will be given opportunities to organise and promote events and conferences.
The residency includes:
- Airfare (max CAN$1,200)
- A live-in studio for two months from April 1 to May 31, 2009
- A stipend of CAN$250 per week
SELECTION OF APPLICANTS:
Applications are evaluated by a committee that takes into account the quality of their work and the potential impact of a residence on the candidate's career.
Applications should include:
- application form (available at www.fonderiedarling.org)
- a letter of the candidateâs intentions describing current goals and projects
- a curriculum vitae
- digital images of past and recent works (maximum 30)
- texts, documents, catalogues, press reviews, as well as any other pertinent information
Deadline: January 20, 2009
Please mail applications to:
CAROLINE ANDRIEUX, ARTISTIC DIRECTOR
DARLING FOUNDRY, VISUAL ARTS CENTRE
745 OTTAWA STREET, MONTREAL, QC H3C 1R8 CANADA