- ‘Have you digitally interfaced with your art museum lately?’ asks Christopher Night, after a Pew Internet survey on US museum public-programming was released this week.
- Julia Halperin of Art+Auction: ‘As the Battle for the Online Art World Sharpens, How the Players Are Adapting.’ On the varied business models of the ‘net’s top art initiatives: Exhibition A, Art.sy, 1stdibs, Paddle8, 20x200, Artspace and VIP Art.
- There is a new association for curators in Quebec, Canada, soon to have a call for papers: ACAQ.
- This past October PAARC, Fillip, and ARCA organized the terrific Institutions by Artists conference, the entirety of which has been recorded and made available online. Highlights include presentations by Julia Bryan-Wilson, Jeff Derksen, Deirdre Logue, and both of the nightly Oxford-style debates.
- Three weeks are left in our Musée Imaginaire concours in collaboration with KAPSUL. Top prize of US$1000!
Opportunity: National Museum of Wildlife Art Internships»
Job: Chief Curator, deCordova Sculpture Park and Museum»
Job: Curator of Modern and Contemporary Art, The Ulrich Museum of Art at Wichita State University»
Opportunity: Call for Papers - Envisioning the Practice: Montréal International Symposium on Performing Arts Curation »
Job: Head of Curatorial Affairs and Curator of American Art, Amherst College»
Special Report: Curating.info Fellowship at CCA Glasgow»
Curating.info Fellowship at CCA Glasgow Fellow: Emma Brasó 5 months in Glasgow A bouncy Stonehenge, a Ping-Pong tournament in the gallery space, an artist's party at a cricket club, The State pub, Glasgow School of Arts MFA Degree Show, another Glaswegian Turner Prize nomination, a few bacon rolls, some difficulties with the local accent, and a lot of rain. ...
Modern Monsters / Death and Life of Fiction Taipei Biennial 2012 09.29.2012 – 01.13.2013 With more than forty artists, the 2012 Taipei Biennial is one of the most successful in its fourteen-year history. During my interaction with the art community in Taipei, many artists and curators appreciated curator Anselm Franke for a commendable job, while admitting that they had not ...
Curating.info Conversations: Antonia Blocker and Laurel Ptak»
This edition of Curating.info Conversations features Antonia Blocker in conversation with Laurel Ptak . In this interview, Antonia Blocker asks Laurel Ptak some key questions about curating online, the importance and durability of the exhibition as concept and form, and the possibilities for accessing new audiences. To create the e-book, we used the Bookleteer platform, which was ...